Akilah's to do list
- My dream in life and my main goal for the next year is to become a Print Journalist.
- Improve my writing and create a more professional portfolio - media experience is a must for what I want to do.
- Get myself ready for university!
- Meet lots of new people and get involved with a whole new life at uni.
- Get myself a job - my N.I. card isn’t just a shiny piece of plastic to admire lol.
- Join the student magazine and get my writing known around campus
- Finally, with all the change in my life, make the transition from teenager to twenty-something… We all have to grow up eventually… sad but true.
Akilah's big plan
My name is Akilah Russell and I am a 19 year old student finishing my A-levels in Psychology, English Literature and Media Studies. Once that’s all over I am going to start my degree in journalism at the University of the Arts, London. This is one of the most significant steps I need to take in order to follow my dream of becoming a print journalist. Like most people know, the British media takes no prisoners and attempting to break through their iron clad doors is not a job for the faint hearted. So beefing up my portfolio to a decent size is another important goal of mine.
Also, as this is my last year of being a teenager, another personal goal of mine is to make the complete transition from adolescent to adult. I want to be able to work in an adult environment (as a journalist!) without feeling terribly out of place. To do this, I think I need to grow up a bit!