Isobella's to do list
- Find funding for my play Kid Soldiers
- Start college in September
- Find a production team at college to manage Kid Soldiers
- Ring round schools, explain about the project, and try and set up meetings to get schools interested
- Find rehearsal space for Kid Soldiers
- Hold auditions around Hackney and Islington
- Rehearse and perform Kid Soldiers – hopefully at Hackney Empire!
- Try and make Kid Soldiers accessible to as many people as possible by touring it around local secondary schools
- Get more organised!
Isobella's big plan
During the next year I hope to complete the youth project called 'Kid Soldiers'. Over the next few months I need to ring round schools getting feedback of who's interested, hold meetings with the schools who are interested and convince them that sticking a load of kids together with no adult supervision to rehearse a play that involves sex, drugs, violence, the class division and the small subject of war is an extremely good idea and will help to stop school rivalry and show kids that no matter what your start in life anything is possible!
I should probably look into funding before getting the schools involved. This means trying to convince a whole load of different people that the project will be a success. If all goes well I’ll hopefully move onto cast and rehearse the play, eventually performing it.
On top of all this I want to take up jogging and some other forms of exercise in order to prepare my body for college. I also want to start appreciating and supporting my family more.